SIG Quantitative Trading Internship Program
SIG’s Quantitative Trading Internship offers a unique opportunity to learn about quantitative trading. Working from our Sydney office, our interns will experience how our traders use decision science, game theory, and technology to make trading decisions. Our education program combines both classroom and on the ‘trading desk’ training, which provides interns with a deep exposure to trading, so they can decide if it is what they want to pursue as a career.
Your internship experience includes:
Option theory and option modelling lessons in the classroom
Decision making - using game theory, decision science, poker, and other strategy games
Mock Trading - to practice what you have learnt
Real impact - SIG interns work closely with our traders on a real-world project that directly impacts our trading business.
What we're looking for
- Numerate + Logical: When it comes to decision making, you use clear and sound reasoning. You’re rational and like to use numbers and data to come up with sensible solutions.
- Problem Solvers: You enjoy solving puzzles and love it when you discover a solution to a difficult problem.
- Communicators: You enjoy building relationships with those you work closely with, and you enjoy sharing ideas, expressing your thoughts, and listening to the views of others.
- Curious: You’re excited by a career in trading. You don’t need to have studied finance (we’ll teach you what you need to know).
- Penultimate Year Student: Confirmed plan to graduate by December 2024 with a degree in any discipline (most typically STEM), Distinction average WAM, from an Australian or New Zealand University
Our Interview Process
- Online Assessment (Quantitative and problem-solving skills)
- Phone Interviews (Behavioural and technical)
- Office Interview (Trader interview, desk rotation, office tour)
- Job Offer