About the Role
Uber’s Data Science teams use data to improve and automate all aspects of our core products, as we drive growth, retention, engagement, and affinity on the Uber platform. This includes providing insight into how pricing and surge is working and offering opportunities for improvement; understanding adoption and engagement with rides and recognizing opportunities for product evolution; crafting and analyzing experiments to understand the effects of matching changes and/or incentives on rider and driver behaviors, conversion and engagement; working with Engineering teams to ensure integrity of our platform, products and data.
This is just a sample of projects we’ve been working on. There are a lot more! If you’re passionate about the vision, the impact, and the opportunities to build the version 0 or 1 solution, this is the team for you.
Here's what's in it for you! You get to use your quantitative skills, obsession and appreciation towards customers, “be your own CEO” demeanor collaborative spirit to work closely with Products, Ops, Engineering, and other Data Scientists to drive the Uber Marketplace roadmap forward, to provide data driven insights to improve our products, to find new opportunities to take our products to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional team members to pinpoint opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement, as well as geospatial data.
- Orient our team around data-driven product development, by driving the creation of logging, metrics, data visualization and diagnostic tools, and experimentation paradigms.
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product Management and other fields such as engineering, operations and marketing
- B.A., B.S., or M.S. in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Economics, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative field with an anticipated graduation date in Winter 2022 - Fall 2023.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Fundamental understanding of experimental design and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing findings and takeaways.
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding experience (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker).
- Advanced degrees are a plus
- Internship experience is a plus
- Scripting language (e.g. Python or R) skills
- Experience with A/B testing
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and adapt to business needs and goals
- Ability to understand and prioritize business goals and strategies
- Ability to deliver on timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to complete decisions while maintaining attention to detail
- Hard-working with the ability to work in a self-guided manner coupled with superb organizational skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves with complex data to identify product opportunities and uncover exciting product insights
- Have a growth mindset; love solving ambiguous, ambitious and impactful problems
- Ability to communicate successfully and be an excellent partner with team members coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
About the Team
The Core Analytics & Science Team (CAS) is Uber's primary science organization, covering both our main lines of business as well as the underlying platform technologies on which those businesses are built. We are a key part of Uber's cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytic, statistical, and algorithmic expertise.