Are you someone with a passion for market dynamics and quantitative analysis? Are you someone who likes a challenge and is willing to explore an emerging area of Risk Control in Algorithmic trading models? Are you a team-player, blending quantitative analysis with risk analysis to ensure best in class Algo model risk management is achieved in an efficient and compliant manner? We are looking for an Algo Model Validation Quantitative Analyst like you to:
• contribute to the model validation practices of our electronic trading algos and perform independent reviews/validations
• provide an expert assessment of the testing frameworks for electronic trading algos, ensuring that new and changed algos will not have an adverse impact on the markets, our clients and UBS
• contribute to the monitoring of the performance of trading algorithms versus their intended aims
• become a subject matter expert on assessing the design and performance of algos
You will be part of our Model Risk Management & Control (MRMC) Risk Models function in New York on a permanent basis and work closely with electronic trading stakeholders including Quants, IT Developers and Traders as well as other control functions.
Our mandate is to conduct quantitative analysis of risk associated with electronic trading algos. This includes independent quantitative testing, integration with FX/Equities trading systems, developing benchmark models/algos and front-to-back governance activities.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or Financial Engineering
• proven FX, Fixed Income or Equities product knowledge
• proficiency in Python coding and other general purpose programming languages (preferably Java)
• knowledge of Linux, command line, SQL and Q is a strong plus
• an understanding of algo/e-trading models from a quantitative development, technology, trading or model validation perspective
• strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain highly technical topics clearly
• familiarity with data assembling and analysis, computational statistics or machine learning techniques
• knowledge of pricing models, risk models or stochastic calculus will be of added value
• experience in a Front Office role is a plus.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
CA, CO, WA and NY based roles: The salary range for this role is $112,000 to $137,000 based on experience, education, and skill level. This role may be eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. For benefits information: ubs.com/usbenefits.