The Quantitative Model Analysis and Monitoring (Fin Solutions Intermediate Analyst) is a developing professional role in Quantitative Model Development Team for Global Markets Models within Citi. The successful candidate deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems, integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices, has good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family, applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. This position requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of information. It typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact, applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results and breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. There will be moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Contributes to the design, roll-out and governance of financial solutions, including:
- Participates in formulating and setting strategic direction for the process, organization and architecture covering Finance across Citi businesses, products, functions, and locations
- Assists in setting business and information architecture standards for Finance
- Plays a part in settling and operating necessary forums and frameworks to establish and govern policies and starts for global Finance processes
- Participates in assessing and incorporating changing business, regulatory and market information needs into finance processes and applications
- Identifies and resolves problems using autonomous judgment.
- Implements workflow or process change and redesign and uses a thorough knowledge of the specific function.
- Accountable for regular reporting or process administration as "owner".
- Assists in the management of one or more processes, reports, procedures, or products.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 1-5+ years of experience in financial industry or other data analysis relevant positions
- Proficient knowledge of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the goals of the area.
- Experiences with SQL, SAS and Excel is desired.
- Self-initiative team player with strong work ethic.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or other relevant majors