TD Securities provides a wide range of M&A advisory, capital markets products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Sales and Trading:
Actively manages relationships within and across various business lines, corporate and/or control functions and ensures alignment with enterprise and/or regulatory requirements. Executes trades with approved counterparties and within approved credit and counterparty limits, ensuring that trades are entered into approved inventories on a timely basis and positions are valued appropriately, in accordance with systems and policies (e.g., Trade Capture Policy, relevant regional Booking Point Policies and TDS After Hours and Off Premises Trading Policy). Complies with all established business line Market and Credit Risk frameworks, industry standards, regulatory requirements, and Bank policies.
Manages client relationships with a primary focus on sales and providing trading ideas and/or taking client orders. Obtains a current market price from an authorized trader, either verbally or electronically, before committing to a binding transaction.
Manages market risk and applies discretion within assigned Market Risk Policy parameters to commit the organization to trading positions in trading books, operating within individual authorization scope and limitations of trading activities*. Responsible for end-of-day valuation of positions/portfolios.
* Note: a written and signed Trading Authority Letter (TAL) defines a Trader's market risk policies, approved products, and key limits, including authority to trade after hours / off premises.
• Undergraduate degree
• 0 - 2+ years of relevant experience
• Solid knowledge of multiple sales, trading and investment disciplines, consulting principles, lines of businesses supported, banking industry, and product/customer markets
• Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends
• Knowledge of risk management environment, standards and regulations
• Knowledge of project/program support, planning and implementation
• Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
• Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships
• Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
• Skill in using computer applications including MS Office
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion