Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, PJM and the Director, Trading (matrix reporting), the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the daily and prompt month optimization and trading of the company’s generating assets, market positions, and transmission positions in the PJM, ERCOT, Midcontinent, and Southeast markets.
- Monitor the physical/financial markets and maintain an acute understanding of market/price trends;
- Develop the Day-Ahead Bidding Strategy for generation assets & transmission positions;
- Develop short-term generation and trading strategies across the regional markets;
- Collaborate with the PJM and Mid-America Director of Trading and the power trading team to develop and execute analytical tools, market models and trading and optimization strategies;
- Participate in the elaboration and execution of the monthly FTR/CRR strategies to better manage congestion risk;
- Execute trades within the Brookfield Power Risk Management Policy;
- Help coordinate the Hydro Generation Strategy with the Generation Planner and Operations staff;
- Collaborate with the other regional teams in analyzing and implementing cross regional trade strategies to maximize Brookfield’s asset value;
- Monitor and validate various reports generated by the Operations and Enterprise Risk Management Groups;
- Participate in various ad hoc analysis and reports requested by Management;
- Maintain up to date understanding of market rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, business administration, finance, or other relevant degree − MBA or MSC Finance is preferred;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the energy trading sector;
- Good knowledge of the PJM, ERCOT, Midcontinent, and/or Southeast power market structures and rules;
- Good knowledge of financial, physical and derivative/structured products;
- Working knowledge of OASIS transmission reservations systems, OATI tagging systems and ISO scheduling systems;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as sound conceptual thinking;
- Works well in a team setting or independently, with strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Solid abilities in working under pressure;
- Must be highly accurate and detail oriented;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Teamwork and ability to communicate are critical;
- Knowledge of English is essential;
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Python and Tableau is an asset.