NextEra Energy Marketing is one of the nation’s leading electricity and natural gas marketers. We are responsible for electricity and fuel management for all of NextEra Energy Resources’ generation fleet, which includes the largest renewable energy portfolio in North America. We also provide marketing and trading services to electric and gas utilities, municipalities, cooperatives and other load-serving entities, as well as to owners of electric generation facilities. Are you interested in customizing power and gas solutions to meet each client’s needs? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
Employees in this role use quantitative methods and tools to discern insights and improve risk management decision-making. The team supports both NextEra Energy Marketing & FPL, across commodity groups in the derivative & physical space. Core functions of the Confirmations Team include:
• Daily coordination & communication with front office to assist with confirmation creation & amendments on unique and highly complex deals.
• Ensuring transactions are captured in Risk systems in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Engaging with external counterparties to ensure transactions are legally confirmed, and working to resolve disputes where required.
• In-depth reviews of legal documents (ISDAs, NAESBs, EEIs, etc.) and trade confirmations.
• Developing and improving upon the team’s reporting infrastructure & data visualization capabilities.
• Working with origination, risk management, trading, legal, and accounting to define and evaluate risks on potential transactions, new businesses, and the onboarding of new counterparties (including the filing of appropriate documentation to ensure proper counterparty integration).
A successful candidate will have demonstrated skills collaborating with others, thinking critically and creatively, with exceptional attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills and comfort working under tight deadlines are required. Experience with SQL & PowerBI for data visualization are a big plus.
This position is responsible for ensuring the energy marketing functions are operating in a controlled environment and within established risk management limits. Employees in this role review daily trading position exposures, including time and location spreads, cross commodity arbitrage, options and hedging activity against approved limits. This position works with the Front Office and Risk teams to understand new and existing trading strategies for risk review and reporting and ensures correct application of pricing methodologies.