100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and,
recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds
exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders.
Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing,
advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real
business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential
quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration
with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes, risks & mitigation techniques for designated areas.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Assists in the preparation of end-user materials.
- Plans and conducts third-party software analysis as needed for inclusion in the project solution.
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use in various audits, reports, & projects.
- Participates in the creation of use cases and user expected results to ensure that software is delivered to end users with zero Severity 1 or Severity 2 defects.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Ensures system specifications meet expectations/requirements, and negotiates solutions.
- Creates documentation to ensure the supportability of analyses.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and devises new ways of applying them.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen business analysis capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Experience in System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Nice to have Experience or background of QA
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and
life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our
communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing
boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth
around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have
more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact
from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the
tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager
support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By
learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people
and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates
taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source
other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO,
directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a
fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A
recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency
agreement contract for service to submit resumes.