DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Business Analyst will help us accelerate the expansion and adoption of our low latency trading systems. The person in this role should have a technical or financial background and the ability to clearly communicate with stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of global market structure and electronic trading systems or demonstrate an aptitude to learn. Familiarity with research and data analysis is a plus but not a requirement.
- You will be involved in requirements analysis, software design, configuration, and testing activities across several high impact projects
- You will be accountable and responsible for the business analysis and stakeholder engagement across a range of projects, as agreed with the application managers
- Documenting matters related to business requirements and specifications
- Running and/or participating in daily stand-up or scrum meetings as appropriate for each project
- Working closely with raders, software developers, and project managers across all regions and trading desks
- Initial requirements gathering, clarification, prioritization, and documentation
- On-going communication with stakeholders and in particular conducting stakeholder reviews
- Participate in the prioritization process between competing projects
- Interaction with development and project management teams for requirement communication and development design discussions
Key Objectives Critical To Success In This Role
- Must have a detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience writing business and functional requirements documents, user acceptance test plans, use cases, UI mockups, user stories, and release notes
- Prior experience in business analysis, product management, and project management, ideally in electronic trading software
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and an ability to work and deliver results independently
- Knowledge of electronic trading within futures, equities, options, rates, etc.
- Experience working directly in the software development process
- A basic understanding of the technologies used in software development
- Familiarity with Atlassian products: Confluence and Jira