About the department
Cloudflare’s CIO organization has an Enterprise Applications Team that
operates our enterprise systems end-to-end, providing process cohesiveness
across the functional areas. This enables our Cloudflare internal teams to
operate efficiently and enable our customers and partners to do business with
Within the Enterprise Applications Team is a Finance & Legal team whose
main responsibility is to manage our Finance and Legal platforms in addition
to other platforms that support our financial/ legal functional areas.
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for Business Analyst - Legal Systems to help with
Ironclad and maintain the system, as well as peripheral legal systems. In this
role you will be supporting the Legal, Procurement and Sales team with new
features integrations, new workflows creation, configuring Workflows in
Ironclad, work on with the integrations to Salesforce etc. The ideal candidate
should have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal
communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a
strong work ethic. This role will assist other core business systems
analysts/architects across IT for strategic and business as usual projects.
What you'll do
You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations
You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end
Support/build integrations with select enterprise systems - Ironclad workflows.
Ensure all configurations and integrations are thoroughly tested and ready for deployment
Identify gaps and opportunities for automation and work on Proof of Concepts for new requirements as appropriate
Perform day-to-day maintenance of the Legal application in operation, including tasks related to identifying issue root cause(s), troubleshooting issues, and issue resolution, dispatch to partner teams, and/or escalation
Serve as the primary point of contact for designated business system(s), as well as the liaison between teams internally and at external application(s)
Build and streamline solution configuration processes with focus on reusability via a no-code designer leveraging JSON, XML, and selected system’s configuration engine
Respond promptly to application alerts, production issues and follow through to resolution per established SLA
Works directly with clients to apply IT and business knowledge with experience to formulate IT solutions for business problems
Work with Legal Operations leaders to identify opportunities for improvement in all aspects of legal applications including configuration and customization of tools, management of data, workflows, country rules, and possible integration recommendations with other systems
Create/provide tools for data intake administration support during acquisitions, collaborations and divestiture activity involving conversion of acquired portfolios and associated databases/data exports into or out of the test/production databases.
Identifies alternative solutions and makes recommendations to leverage new or existing IT technology components
Works with managed service provider to troubleshoot and resolve issues and define and deliver new application functionality in both internally and externally hosted environments
Leads small system release projects or assists Project Manager on phases of larger projects
Coordinate system integrations with other IT support organizations (i.e., infrastructure, other applications) and with external solution partners
Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients.
Use graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize data.
Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions.
Structure large data sets to find usable information.
Work cross-functionally with a team of system analysts and outside vendors/associates to process information.
Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 4+ years of experience in implementations and ongoing operations of enterprise systems in a Technical Analyst / Business Systems Analyst role
- Possess excellent communication skills – written and oral, interpersonal and organizational
- Demonstrated experience working with business functions to understand and map processes to functional and technical specifications
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment
- Advanced knowledge of no-code applications, advanced business rules engines, business intelligence and reporting tools, techniques, and algorithms
- Experience in implementing and sustaining best of breed SaaS applications implementations in an enterprise environment
- Experience in building strong working relationships with business partners, application users, project managers, internal IT team, and external application consultants
- Highly organized, results-driven, with exceptional attention to detail with great end-to-end program management
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing Business systems
Required Technical Skills
Intermediate knowledge of data structures (i.e. tables, entity relationships, pseudocode logic (If, If/Else, compound conditions, case logic) (Needs to have)
Beginner-Intermediate knowledge of web forms / layout / UX development via CMS-like tool (Content Management System) No-code model (Needs to have)
Beginner-Intermediate knowledge of report building (Product agnostic). Anything in the set of SQL, Tableau, Crystal Reports/Business Objects (Nice to have)
Familiarity with existing CLM/Legal Software products (i.e. Ironclad / SironLabs / Icertis / Agilsoft) (Nice to have)
Domain Knowledge: Beginner/Intermediate Legal/Procurement Agreements (Nice to have)
Process documentation and data visualization
Business intelligence and reporting software
Development & management methodologies including Scrum, Agile, Kanban, and Jira
UI/UX experience, and ability to work with designers/analytics
Well versed with ERP & BSM systems such Oracle NetSuite and Coupa
Strong experience with SOAP/Rest API Integrations
Understanding of standard operators, constraints, Boolean logic, etc.
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $80,000 - $98,000.
- For New York City-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $95,000 - $116,000.0p,m
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you
and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses,
support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier
and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the
United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave