GMO BI Reporting and Analytics is a new function within Global Markets
Operations Business Management that is looking for a seasoned Data Engineer to
oversee our data orchestration, the practice of acquiring, cleaning, matching,
enriching, and making data accessible for our analysts and visualization
The associate will collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve
data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data
accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision-making across the
organization. The role also requires working closely with technology to
develop a channel to migrate mature logic to a centralized technology managed
The ideal candidate will have extensive data experience within both the line
of business and technology. They will have familiarity with modern tools and
solutions used to orchestrate data and be able to develop strategies to test
which ones are best suited for our needs.
- Design, develop, and implement scalable data pipelines that ingest and transform data from various external sources, storing it in highly optimized database systems, and making it useful to our BI Analytics and Data Visualization team members
- Develop automation systems and adopt tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate data infrastructure and pipelines
- Maintain ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the data infrastructure, providing solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth
- Participate in creating and maintaining strict compliance, data privacy and security measures
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve unexpected performance and process fail issues
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it; and
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions for continuous improvements in data engineering
Required Skills: (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, data modeling, building data pipelines, and data visualizations
- Experience orchestrating data using directed acyclic graph (DAG) concepts
- Experience providing data solutions for reporting and analytics teams
- Strategic thought and experience with modern data orchestration tools
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience with code management tools such as GIT
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with operational data
- Familiarity with global markets products and activities
- Experience building reports and dashboards using tools like Tableau
- Experience providing reporting and insights to operations teams
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Enterprise Role Overview:
May manage or supervise a small group. Proactively monitor and remediate
incoming data used in risk measurement and reporting. Ensure the completeness,
validity, and accuracy of data on a daily basis. Work with business data users
to define the use of data within risk systems. Work closely with technology to
ensure the timely and accurate operation of risk models and reporting systems.
Implement effective risk controls of our data processes and systems.
Participate in user acceptance testing of data control processes. Work with
other groups as needed, including Middle Office, Sales and Trading,
Technology, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Enterprise Capital Management to
ensure effective controls over data for GMRM.
1st shift (United States of America)
**Hours Per Week: **