The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You 'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Position is responsible for working with Hedging Manager to develop strategy,
carry out analysis, and execute balance sheet hedge trades. The position
• in-depth understanding of Bank’s balance sheet exposures
• comprehensive understanding of interest rate derivatives (swaps & options)
• proactive thinking and analytical ability
• scenario analysis & forecast
• Work with Accounting, Middle Office, Operations, and IT to ensure executed trades are hedge accounting compliant, confirmed, cleared, and valued accurately.
_ Location:_ Please note this role is only being offered in the following location: 214 N. Tryon, Charlotte, NC. As such, candidate(s) must be willing to operate in a hybrid environment that includes being in the location/office 2-3 days a week. No telecommute. No remote.
_ ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES_
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Strong understanding of fixed income markets and an understanding of global macro drivers that relate to bank interest rate risk management
2. Experience with interest rate derivative trading as well as structuring and modeling of derivative structures.
3. Strong knowledge of hedge accounting standards for various derivative hedging strategies.
4. Execute implementation of trading/hedging strategies within Corporate Treasury. Work closely with accounting group to ensure hedge accounting compliance where applicable.
5. Generate pre-trade hedging analysis; net interest income impact, net interest rate sensitivity impact, economic value of equity exposure impact
6. Carry out post-trade analysis and performance characterization
7. Monitor counterparty exposures and work with capital markets to ensure that overall Truist derivatives activity falls within counterparty exposure limits. Carry out pre-trade analysis to test for potential limit exceptions.
8. Ensure trading group is apprised of important trends in economic data, monetary policy, and market events. Prepare summaries and presentations as needed. Participate and provide input in the daily/weekly/monthly calls and meetings designated to provide trade ideas, market updates, and strategy discussions.
9. Develop a comprehensive understanding of internal and vendor models in production. Actively participate in implementation of new product development and evaluation. Partner with middle office and back office functions to design and enhance trading process flow, solve any trading issues, implement new analytics, and update desk procedures as necessary.
10. Develop and execute strategies to minimize clearing expenses.
11. Ensure accurate and efficient trade execution. Ensure accurate confirmation process, both electronic confirming via MarkitWire and bi-lateral paper confirms. Track positions within Calypso (derivatives system) to ensure that all traded positions are appropriately entered and modeled.
12. Maintain reporting of derivatives positions and activity in support of operations/audit/market risk.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Masters Degree in finance, econometrics, operations research, mathematics, statistics, physics or engineering or MBA, CFA with a quantitative bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Five years of experience in a bank or related financial services organization with involvement in hedging/analyzing the balance sheet or MSR asset
3. Thorough understanding of mechanics and dynamic of interest rate and related options market, as well as mortgage assets and related derivatives.
4. Comprehensive understanding of derivative instruments and their use in hedging a balance sheet assets and liabilities including the use of ASC 815 (hedge accounting).
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills; business acumen and business and social maturity
6. Ability to think strategically
1. Quantitative background
2. Strong spreadsheet modeling
3. Knowledge and proficiency with trading/analytical systems such as Calypso, YieldBook or Polypath
General Description of Available Benefits for Eligible Employees of Truist Financial Corporation: All regular teammates (not temporary or contingent workers) working 20 hours or more per week are eligible for benefits, though eligibility for specific benefits may be determined by the division of Truist offering the position. Truist offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, tax-preferred savings accounts, and a 401k plan to teammates. Teammates also receive no less than 10 days of vacation (prorated based on date of hire and by full-time or part-time status) during their first year of employment, along with 10 sick days (also prorated), and paid holidays. For more details on Truist’s generous benefit plans, please visit our Benefits site. Depending on the position and division, this job may also be eligible for Truist’s defined benefit pension plan, restricted stock units, and/or a deferred compensation plan. As you advance through the hiring process, you will also learn more about the specific benefits available for any non- temporary position for which you apply, based on full-time or part-time status, position, and division of work.
_ Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace._