At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
What role you will play in our team
If successful you will be an integral part of the Crude and Condensate Trading Team at ExxonMobil's Spring, Texas campus, developing trading strategies that manage the flexibility within our own portfolio, as well as increase the value of our assets and portfolio positions. You will act as a key interface in the market offering trading / hedging solutions, in addition to interacting constantly with our operations and analytics team in the evaluation of portfolio risk and valuation of flexibility.
What you will do
The key deliverables include:
- Developing commercial strategies for optimal sales and purchases
- Optimizing our portfolio of structured products through effective implementation of trading strategies and VaR utilization
- Taking a proactive role in business development, seeking out and evaluating market tenders to capture new business
- Facilitating entry into new markets, leveraging knowledge of illiquid markets and broker contacts
- Ensuring trading activity is in compliance with internal risk governance policies/procedures, and is accurately captured in trade reporting infrastructure (i.e. position reporting, trade bookings & settlement)
- Providing insights to our Analytics team to continuously improve trading applications and fundamental analysis
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, combined with Crude trading experience
- Have a clear focus on physical trading, with additional knowledge / experience of derivatives
- Have experience in new market entry and origination
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to establish broker/asset contacts to generate new business opportunities
- Have a track record of positive P&L
- Possess a deep understanding of risk management
- Have strong commercial acumen, an entrepreneurial mind-set, analytical/IT skills, and take accountability for your results and contributions to the team
- Possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a multi-cultural team environment
- Have fluent English language skills (written and spoken), with additional language skills being desirable