About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build and grow our data analytics/business
intelligence team that will be responsible for building a large-scale
enterprise modern data lake and EDW that combines massive petabyte scale
traffic logs with data from various business systems supporting product,
marketing, customer support, sales, finance etc. and enabling easier
consumption of that data using tools to drive standard reporting,
adhoc/exploratory analytics and advanced insights using data science models.
About the role
As part of this initiative, we are looking for a strong data analyst to come
join Cloudflare and help us drive analytic insights and best practices at
scale from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong
data background with acute product and business acumen to deliver highly
strategic and compelling insights that accelerate our business growth and
influence our product decisions within Cloudflare.
What we look for: Data analysis, Business Analysis, Storytelling, Strong
Business & Product Acumen, Cross-functional Collaboration, Creative Problem
What you'll do
- Partner and align with business leaders, stakeholders, product managers and internal teams to understand the requirements and technical specifications and address complex business questions in a globally distributed environment.
- Understand data landscape i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. and work closely with the data Engineering team to improve the data collection and quality.
- Understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmap and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights and help achieve their strategic goals.
- Strong audience focused presentation and storytelling skills focused on key takeaways and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner.
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 4+ years of data analyst experience with 2+ years of proven industry experience in a large scale environment(PBs scale, globally distributed teams).
- Proven results oriented analysis that helped support positive change in the business strategy.
- 2+ years experience with a fast-growing SaaS business based company is preferred.
- Strong experience in Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hive and BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent) etc.
- Capable of working closely with business including but not limited to, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs and is of high quality.
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $95,000 - $117,000.
- For New York City-based and California (excluding Bay Area) and Washington hires: Estimated annual salary of $111,000 - $135,000.
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $116,000 - $142,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you
and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses,
support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier
and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the
United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave