You may think of Nasdaq as just a stock exchange but think again. With more than 6,000 associates in 39 offices around the world, we're a global technology company that serves customers in more than 50 countries. Since 1971, when Nasdaq created the world's first electronic exchange, our innovations have revolutionized the global capital markets and changed how businesses operate. By joining Nasdaq, you will play an important role in fostering inclusive growth and prosperity in the communities we operate in. We know that we thrive because of our exceptional people. That's why we offer generous benefits to bring greater prosperity to your life, personally and professionally.
Diversity is at the core of what we do, and we deliberately seek out people who bring unique backgrounds, skills, and perspectives to our culture.
Explore our careers page to learn more and hear from our employees about why they love working here.
Nasdaq's Internship Program provides outstanding opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience during a 10-week internship. As part of the program, you will partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues, and take on a real-world project with real-world impact and gain practical skills that will help shape your career for years to come. Additionally, you will meet with senior leaders and participate in professional development activities throughout your internship.What You Will Do:
Our Internship Program plays an important role within Nasdaq and is a comprehensive introduction to the software product development and fintech industry. For a college or University student, real-world professional business experience can put you above other candidates when you enter the job market upon graduation. You may also have the opportunity to join us full-time after successful completion of the program.
Our Interns work at a fast pace – just like all other Nasdaq Associates. From day one as a paid Intern, you'll learn what it takes to work within a successful business and acquire highly marketable skills and experience. It's learning by doing, not by getting coffee or filing all day. Our Interns take on the real-world projects that impact the business. You will work to get real world experience with how a fintech, software business operates. It's a team-based environment that is both supportive and fun!
Our Data Analysts embrace the challenge of analyzing, interpreting, transforming, and loading large datasets. They are responsible for complex data analysis and problem solving, project organization and documentation, and client support and training. You will be managing multiple projects, responsibilities, and competing priorities; creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation; participating in weekly client meetings; presenting data findings and working with other members of the Implementation team to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic client goals. You will also be analyzing and communicating client’s business and reporting requirements and assisting with client reporting and dashboard creation.
What We Expect:
- Must be a rising senior enrolled full time for the upcoming semester in an accredited college or university in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business Analytics or related major and on-track to graduate
- 10-week commitment with availability to start in June
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Motivated self-starter who is results-driven
- Very strong quantitative skills
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required
- Comfortable become familiar with investment reporting including back office / accounting and front office / performance, exposure, liquidity, etc.
- Are forward-thinking and able to identify gaps in requests and how that may impact future decisions
- Enjoy suggesting strategies to meet process improvement and quality objectives and continually introduce innovation to business processes through data analysis