At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
About my team:
My team is a Model Analytics team within Sanctions, Identity and CPI organization. We are supporting different financial crimes and risk domains, with implementation of machine learning models into their processes. We are responsible for business requirements and implementation and production support of any ML model in our space.
About the role:
You are a business analyst when discovering processes, a data analyst when mapping processes to a data and a data scientist when creating proof of concept models or working with our GDS partners.
• Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
• Gather and validate information, using judgment and statistical tests
• Support the Data Science & Model Analytics team with projects, as needed
• Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal systems
• Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
• Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
• Work closely across the matrix with teams like Compliance, Product, Engineering, Data Science and senior executives
• Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.