About the department
This internship is targeting students with experience and interest in Data
We are looking for a candidate that loves data and is intrigued about growing
in the world of analytics. If that’s you, come join Cloudflare and help us
drive actionable insights for the business as well as champion the benefits of
data driven insights. Success in this role comes from curiosity, asking lots
of questions, learning the business, building trust with the business, and
partnering these skills that accelerate our business growth and influence our
product decisions, cost savings, and customer growth for Cloudflare.
What you'll do
- Work to understand the data landscape (i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc.) and work closely with the Data Engineering team to improve the data collection and quality.
- Work to understand business in order to build analysis that aligns with business goals
- Storytelling skills focused on key takeaways and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner.
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends using advanced analytics techniques.
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Product, Pricing, Marketing to enable data informed decisions
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- Results oriented analysis that helped support positive change in the business strategy.
- Some experience with a fast-growing SaaS business based company is preferred.
- Experience in SQL, Tableau, Python, R, Google BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent) etc.
- Capable of working in a highly collaborative environment across different functions of the business (e.g. Data Engineering, Data Science, Product, Marketing, Sales, etc…)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Role will be based in Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA, or Remote