Are you interested in building innovative data driven solutions that enable employees working in Compliance & Operational Risk control to better manage emerging risks? Would you like to develop your understanding of data and project management skills whilst working in a team that engages in a spectrum of solutions involving Automation, Analytics & Business Analysis?
We are looking for someone that is passionate to:
• learn about data analytics and how the power of data can be leveraged to solve business problems
• use tools such as Alteryx and Tableau to develop bespoke end user solutions
• work with programming languages, such as Python, to analyze large data sets
• execute project work using an Agile project management approach
• work collaboratively across a global team
The Program Management and Analytics Team sits within the Governance Compliance Regulatory Group (GCRG) which aims to build trust, help safeguard our business, and support controlled growth and strive for new ways to proactively identify and control existing and emerging risks in a rapidly changing and increasingly digital world. The Compliance and Operational Risk (C&ORC) team helps accomplishes this by providing independent oversight, challenge and control over the non-financial risks arising from UBS’s business activities across multiple levels to ensure compliance, conduct and operational risks are understood, owned, and managed to the Firm's risk appetite. As part of the second line of defense, Wealth Management Americas Compliance identifies and assesses compliance, regulatory and reputational risk by providing independent oversight and challenge of risks, and establishing independent frameworks for risk assessment, measurement, aggregation, and reporting, protecting against non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This team aids in designing and implementing controls, policies, and procedures, implementing compliance training, working closely with independent testing teams, liaising with surveillance, conducting risk assessments, partnering with other parts of the Division on surveillance, investigations and regulatory examinations and inquiries.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• 2+ years’ work experience
• desire to learn a range of data science competences including programming languages, data preparation and visualization tools such as Alteryx and Tableau
• strong business analysis, logical problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
• ability to build relationships with key stakeholders working with them in an agile manner to develop innovative data solutions
• a results-oriented strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• innovative and adaptable; able to apply new approaches to emerging risks
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.