To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
**Who We Are: **
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven
smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with
millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and
email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web.
ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
The Analytics & Data Science team’s mission is to empower ZipRecruiter with
data through analysis, operational insights, and strategic initiatives. We’re
looking for a data analyst that is meticulous, regimented, and creative. Your
goal is to drive ZipRecruiter’s growth by using data to improve decision-
making, and to help make ZipRecruiter the best place for employers to hire and
for job seekers to get hired.
Your role is to serve as the interface between ZipRecruiter's data and our
business, making sure that timely and accurate analysis is brought to bear on
complex problems across our business. You will partner with business
stakeholders in Product Management and Engineering to make data-driven
decisions. You’ll use data and statistics to uncover new opportunities and
empower business leaders making difficult calls.
We are currently hiring both Analysts and Senior Data Analysts, depending on
prior work experience.
- Exercise independent judgment to define KPIs, protect data integrity, and create insights and dashboards through analysis of large data sets
- Use professional discretion to communicate insights from data analysis to business stakeholders through creation of readable and informative data visualizations
- Interpret data and statistics to facilitate ZipRecruiter’s continuous experimentation and advancement
- Exercise discretion in identifying strategic opportunities to improve ZipRecruiter’s products and operations through analysis of data
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in Product & Engineering to translate findings into actions
- Independently solve problems presented by business partners through analysis of data
- Continuously learn and develop skills while working with our cutting edge team of analysts and data scientists
- Create readable and informative data visualizations to communicate data insights to business stakeholders
- Turn ambiguous questions from business partners into clear analytical problems, and solve them using data
- 1-3 year of experience in Analytics, particularly in a cross-functional team environment
- SQL experience
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Structured analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Knowledge of statistics and R/Python skills a strong plus
- Experience with experiments a strong plus
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued