This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Data & Analytics - Pricing Data Analyst
Data and analysis are of critical importance for AXIS. As we continue the transformation into a data-led company, we need to ensure that we effectively support the people who leverage the data for analysis to support business decisions and the people who create and maintain the data assets. This role provides analytic support for the Business Engagement organization to 1) ensure we are directing people to the appropriate, certified sources of data, 2) identify opportunities to gain efficiency through reuse of data and delivery assets, reducing development and maintenance costs, 3) become the source of requirements for the data products group to help direct efforts to incorporate additional data sources or attributes into the core data sources and 4) provide a way to consolidate demand for data, triage the requests and prioritize the responses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Engagement Data Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
• Work directly with the business to understand information requirements
• Work with broader Data & Analytics team (Data Delivery, Data Products, Data Governance) to develop appropriate solutions that:
o Leverage common and certified data sources as much as possible to help ensure one version of truth
o Address the broader needs of the organization to reduce maintenance efforts and costs
o Are fit for purpose and avoid over-engineering or customization to delivery efficient
o Are consistent with Governance and Protection standards and terminology
• Perform data analysis which will require having an in-depth understanding of data systems, and how they relate to use of data by actuaries, finance, and other business users.
• Manage data projects related to Pricing, aligned with business priorities.
• Work hands on to develop prototypes of solutions to validate the requirements and designs. Assist with UAT as needed to implement solutions in production environments.
This role reports to the Business Engagement Lead – Pricing
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of insurance industry data and information needs.
• Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams with a focus on information and data projects
• Prior experience delivering, managing, and defining data for analytics and business intelligence solutions
• Experience in project management / coordination of multi-disciplinary teams with multiple work streams with dynamic priorities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Prior experience working with Duck Creek is an advantage
• Experience in / with:
o SQL/T-SQL - SQL Server Management Studio
o Microsoft Office tools
o SharePoint, not required but experience is a plus
• Be in the office 3 days per week
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of $86,500 - $144,000. The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location. In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.