We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Data Science Intern - AI OpsJob Description Summary
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
Are you motivated by meaningful projects and work that touch a global business?
Are you collaborative and driven by delivering measurable results?
If yes, then you’re invited to start something PRICELESS™.
The 10-week summer internship program provides emerging talent with hands-on experience in industry, enabling you to make a positive impact in a world beyond cash.
An internship experience with Mastercard includes:
• Challenging and meaningful projects
• Networking, mentorship, and access to senior leads
• Volunteer and team building
• Formal performance assessments
• End of summer presentations to peers and Mastercard leadership
Mastercard's AI Operations team uses a data driven approach to detect anomalies, forecast trends, and enable AIOps for Mastercards businesses.
Interns on this team may be involved with:
• Identifying, onboarding, and discovering data sets using Extract/Transform/Load tools
• Leveraging big data analytics tools to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies using statistical analysis and machine learning
• Creating reports and dashboards to visualize data to communicate findings to key stakeholders
• Liaising with global user community to identify opportunities to improve current programs and develop understanding of customer needs
All about You
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree with a strong focus and interest in technology (machine learning, big data, data science, automation, data analytics and visualization) with a graduation date of Fall 2023 or beyond
• Analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
• Strategic thinker with ability to derive and translate data analytics to meet business goals
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Good presentation skills – ability to present complex topics to a diverse audience
• Project management skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently in developing and mapping out solutions
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, handle multiple tasks, consistently meet established deadlines, and deliver exceptional results
• Experience with Tableau, Domo, Splunk, Microsoft PowerBI, Excel or other comparable business intelligence and data visualization tools a plus
• Experience or familiarity with Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning , Big Data analysis, and RESTful API integrations a plus
Experience with IT Operations (including Network, Middleware, Database, Linux, and Windows) a plusIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.