At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Senior Data Scientist for the Financial services Analytics team who is very strong at generating valuable insights from data through deep dive analysis, experienced at supporting new product launches by establishing test and control plans and ensuring constant monitoring is in place to track product performance
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist for our Financial services Analytics team who goes above and beyond simply providing reports and analyses. This person will help generate insights by mining PayPal’s rich data. In the process, this person will develop a deep understanding of the Consumer experience, payments businesses, our site functionality, further strengthen their analytic, leadership, and presentation skills, and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within PayPal.
• Perform deep dive analyses on key business trends from multiple perspectives
and package the insights into easily consumable presentations
• Make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
• Identify key metrics and drive the building of exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
• Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
• Engage in problem solving with Risk, Product, Marketing, and various other teams to determine performance trends and root causes.
• Support new product launches by establishing test and control plans and ensuring constant monitoring is in place to track product performance.
• Create close relationships with stakeholders to anticipate & answer questions that might be asked by executives
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a quantitative field (such as Analytics,
Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Engineering) or equivalent field
• 4 to 6 years professional experience in an analytical role
• Proficiency with database, spreadsheet, and statistical tools
• Advanced SQL experience, preferable with Teradata systems, data mining, and Big Query analytics (Google Cloud).
• Expertise in stitching together findings to convey coherent insights
• Experience analyzing very large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets.
• Experience with one or multiple of the following will be highly desirable; Python, Tableau, Jupyter Notebooks, Teradata, Hadoop/Hive, SQL, BigQuery
• Ability to solve problems analytically and create actionable recommendations
• Advanced ability to use reporting tools like Tableau and/or Excel to share analysis
• Work experience in the payments, ecommerce, or financial services industry is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.