What will you be doing?
• Use Python to develop machine learning models for areas covering Surveillance and Compliance, including Financial Crime, Anti-Money Laundering Transaction Monitoring, and Electronic Communications Surveillance, applying a broad range of machine learning techniques and algorithms;
• Utilize Relational Databases and Big Data Technologies to access data and manipulate from databases;
• Execute machine learning model development using Amazon Web Services and access and control infrastructure required for machine learning model development using Unix / Unix Shell Scripting;
• Ensure all deliveries conform to Group-wide Model Risk Governance framework and external regulatory requirements related to model risk management and Financial Crime;
• Establish model monitoring methodology using key understanding of model performance measurement and support regular, periodic model performance reviews, retrains, and remediation activity as required;
• Provide consultancy to Technology teams to support the production implementation of data products by defining the requirements for data curation through model execution to ensure accurate and efficient implementation of models into production systems;
• Understand machine learning and industry developments and perform exploratory research and development into the novel application of machine learning to areas within Compliance and Surveillance;
• Draw upon applied knowledge of financial services, products, and financial crime requirements and regulations to act as Subject Matter Expert for Financial Crime data and data products related to Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering, disseminating expertise to both internal team members and external stakeholders;
What we’re looking for:
Minimum of Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or related field and at least three (3) years of experience in the offered position (Data Scientist) or conducting data analysis and research in a related occupation.
Must have at least one (1) year of employment experience with each of the following required skills: Using Python and machine learning techniques and algorithms to develop models; Using Relational Databases and Big Data Technologies to access and manipulate data in databases; Using Amazon Web Services, Unix, and Unix Shells Scripting to execute machine learning model development; and Using model governance and control requirements to deliver a model from PoC (Proof of Concept) to production implementation. Must have knowledge of: Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Transaction Monitoring; Electronic Communications Surveillance; Financial Crime regulatory requirements.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our New York, New York location at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Salary/Rate Minimum/yr: $185,000
Salary/Rate Maximum/yr: $185,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays Employee Referral Program.
USD 185000 to 185000