We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place. The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
About the Data Science Team
We are a team of insights specialists that focus on finding insights relevant to driving business outcomes across the Calm organization. For us, the business problem comes first (what are we trying to solve?) and the analysis follows (how do we best solve this problem?). Sometimes the solution is straight forward and sometimes it is highly complex, but in all cases we rely on data to drive our solutions.
As a Data Scientist you will be focused on leveraging our data to help prioritize product development, identify optimization opportunities, and automate data flows and analyses for key decision makers. In this role, your initial analytics efforts will be focused on guiding the product roadmap, to foster strong subscriber and user growth.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to design and measure A/B tests that help us understand the impact of new feature releases
- Partner with product teams to perform deep-dive analysis to understand user engagement behavior
- Collaborate with partners across technical and non-technical teams to bridge the gap between data and action
- Help key-decision makers stay informed about the state of the business through internal data products built in tools like Amplitude, Tableau and Mode
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Calm to drive our team's success
- 2+ years of analytics / data science experience
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Comfortable manipulating data with Python or R
- Experience designing and analyzing experiments
- BA/BS in quantitative field
- Ability to translate non-technical business requirements into technical solutions, and translate technical solutions to business outcomes
- Strong relationship management and presentation skills
- Pragmatic: balance scrappiness and rigor
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-wide Mental Health days off
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!