Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member in the role of DATA SCIENCE to join our COMPREHENSIVE CAPITAL ANALYSIS & REVIEW (CCAR) TEAM. This role is located in PITTSBURGH, PA - HYBRID.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization to develop project plans of delivering objects and timelines of model development and implementation.
- Develop risk models in Python/R used by risk teams for regulatory stress testing submission and company risk management. Design and build the execution workflow of models to forecast Balance Sheet, Fee Revenues, Macroeconomic Factors, Expense and calculate risk metrics under various stress scenarios, sensitivity & attribution analysis.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of financial models.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance to ensure the expected application performance levels are achieved. Also, apply various statistical and analytical tests for validating models and results.
- Develop presentation decks using visual analytics tools and techniques. (JupyterHub/Python)
- Apply data mining, data modelling and machine learning techniques to analyze large financial datasets and enhance the model performance.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Bachelor/Master/PhD's Degree in a quantitative field (computer science, financial engineering, mathematics, data science or engineering)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, R, C++, Java, Matlab, etc.) and manipulating data using SQL and Pandas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across teams
- Understanding of design, development and implementation of mathematical, financial risk and ML models
- 0 to 3 years of experience in a related field based on education level
- Nice to have knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, time series analysis, statistical tests, etc.)
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive cul