The Chewy Campus Recruiting Team is seeking a motivated Data Scientists to join our growing Science team in our Boston, MA, or Bellevue, WA office.
Internship Timeframe: June 5th – August 11th, 2023 (must be available for the full duration)
Qualified Students: Rising Seniors
As part of the Data Science team at Chewy, you will have the opportunity to provide structure to business problems for new and existing Chewy customers by applying data science principles to design, test, implement, and develop data-based solutions, including reporting, auditing, and preparing large databases for statistical analysis. You will perform feature and behavior analysis, understand the need and fit of different ML/statistical techniques, develop the best-suited models with business intuition, validate/re-fit those models as needed, and employ them at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Work with stakeholders to transform their ideas/preliminary findings/analyses into machine learning-driven business strategies, programs, and actions that help drive core objectives
- Guide the design of experiments, measurement, and analyses. Make recommendations for experimentation and measurement by researching state-of-the-art methods and tuning the current methods with simulations. Use causal inference methods to bring precision and speed in the decision-making process
- Maintain responsibility for the full Data Science lifecycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring the overall business value of the models. Develop model health reports to ensure the integrity of the underlying processes and assumptions; If needed, refit the model following the model lifecycle
- Using the ML model outputs, work with a team of strategic analysts and engineers to triangulate different inputs and optimize the solutions for different business problems
- Ideate, architect, and build the technical platforms for our algorithmic engines
- Use data to improve how we make decisions, and ultimately enhance customer experience and drive loyalty. Surface deep insight hidden in our data lakes and provide tactical and strategic guidance on how to act on findings
- Work with the data engineering teams to develop the automated pipelines to perform different stages of the model lifecycle (data collection and cleaning, model development and validation, model deployment and scoring, periodic validation and refitting, etc.)
What You'll Need:
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited bachelor’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024. Programs should include Data Science, Machine Learning, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explain details of complex concepts to non-expert stakeholders in a simple and understandable way
- Travel may be required
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Proficiency in coding and data analysis using Python, SQL, R, SAS, or Scala
- Knowledge of AWS data toolset (Glue, Athena, Sagemaker, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience of translating ambiguous customer requirements into clear problem definitions and delivering them
- Proven experience in the design and execution of analytical projects
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $34.00-$42.00 per hour. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.