Discord is looking for experienced and passionate Machine Learning Data Scientists to join our Data Science team! You'll use your expertise in machine learning to help Discord achieve our mission of providing people with belonging in online communities. If you’re passionate about data, growth, and working on an amazing team, read on and check out our blog about how our team informs strategy & innovation at Discord here!
What you'll be doing
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide a deeper understanding of users, communities, and our product
- Build predictive models on massive data sets to support high impact company projects
- Brainstorm, communicate, and partner directly with product, engineering, and business teams to improve decision-making and drive impact
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable primitives and inform our technical infrastructure
What you should have
- Expertise in at least 2 of the following domains: linear models, neural networks, tree-based models, and unsupervised learning
- 2+ years of industry experience in developing and productionizing applied machine learning for internal use cases (i.e. low, batch models)
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative area such as Computer Science, Applied Stats, Math, Astrophysics
- Proficiency with Python
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, or related frameworks
- Curious, passion for learning and excited about solving open-ended challenges.
- The ability to explain complex findings and technical approaches to a variety of audiences
- Desire to work with amazing, passionate all kinds of partners who care about solving challenging problems to improve Discord for its users
- Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and natural curiosity!
- Experience visualizing and auditing model outputs to ensure models are performing as intended
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $155,000 year + equity and benefits*Note: Disclosure as needed by NYC Pay Transparency LawColorado residents only: Minimum salary of $139,500 year + equity and benefits*Note: Disclosure as needed by sb19-085(8-5-20).