YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2022 Best for Vets Employers
• Yello and WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Ripplematch Campus Forward Award – Excellence in Early Career Hiring
Provide analytical insights and perform analysis to assist in guiding credit risk decisions and business planning. Participate in a variety of analytical efforts to support automation, model development, business analysis, and reporting. Deliver insights to auditors, regulators, rating agencies, model risk management, and other key decision makers. Conduct work assignments of increasing complexity under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Intermediate professional within field.
• Create data visualizations and/or dashboards to monitor and explain risk trends that are relevant for loss and originations modeling
• Conduct model validations and routinely assess model performance
• Create reports and other deliverables to assist with business planning, continuity, and strategy
• Lead initiatives to streamline or automate processes related to data preparation, quality assurance, execution of in-production models, report creation
• Use a variety of analytical and modeling techniques to develop and/or refine strategies related to underwriting criteria, pricing, line management, loss forecasting, loan loss reserves to drive business direction across multiple asset classes (e.g., Auto, Unsecured, Cards, Mortgage, etc.)¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
• Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Ability to understand complex business problems and determine what aspects require optimization and articulate those aspects in a clear and concise manner
• Advanced skill in communicating actionable insights using data to technical and non-technical audiences
• Proven experience working in a dynamic, research-oriented groups with several ongoing concurrent projects
• Demonstrates functional knowledge of data visualization libraries such as matplotlib or ggplot2; knowledge of other visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
• Ability to manipulate raw data within visualization tools to create effective dashboards that communicate end-to-end data outcomes visually
• Proficient in storytelling with data skills
• Exceptional technical writing skills
• Advanced skill communicating thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience
• Advanced verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Advanced database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills (e.g., Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Working knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to Allowance of Loan and Lease Losses and Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) standard
• Doctoral degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field, or related field
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
• Familiar with project management concepts and frameworks such as Agile Frameworks (SAFE), Communication Strategy and Management, Delivery Excellence and Requirements management
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $87,800 - $160,900 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 05/11/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.