Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won’t stop there. Games are our next big frontier and an incredible opportunity for us to deliver new experiences to delight and entertain our quickly growing membership. You will be jumping in at the very beginning of this adventure and be in a position to help us redefine what a Netflix subscription means for our members around the world.
Data Science and Engineering (‘DSE’) at Netflix is aimed at using data, analytics, and sciences to improve various aspects of our business. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Games DSE team, supporting experimentation and advanced data science needs. This role will be partnering closely with our Game studio stakeholders to drive data informed decisions by building predictive models, conducting statistical analysis and deriving business insights. As a member of this team, you will also play a role in presenting insights that shape our decision making and ensure decisions are sound from a statistical perspective.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with our Game stakeholders (e.g., Netflix Games Development team, Game Developers, Game Strategy, Planning & Analysis team) on advanced analytic initiatives (e.g., prediction modeling, causal inference, experimentation etc)
- Assist in the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making around Games at Netflix
- Proactively perform data exploration to discover future testing opportunities
- Partner on high impact projects end to end
- Present your research and insights to key stakeholders
- Work with business stakeholders to connect analysis to key decisions that affect the business to influence and drive impact to the business
- Balance handling ad hoc requests while also driving larger projects forward
Who You Are:
- You have statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- You have an advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- You are comfortable working with large data sets and analyzing complex data with SQL and other tools such as Python or R
- You have a strong bias to action, delivering results quickly with iteration instead of waiting for perfection
- You are a fast learner and are comfortable with ambiguous requests.
- You are curious about our data and business overall and are willing to deep dive into projects that have high impact
- You have exceptional communication skills and can manage stakeholder priorities directly
- Experience in Games industry a plus