Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you
can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a
neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted
information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world
connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services.
Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 300,000 neighborhoods across 11
Meet your Future Neighbors
As a Data Scientist with Nextdoor, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) (100%
Telecommuting permitted) you’ll:
- Conduct in-depth analysis on Company data, analyzing community growth, platform engagement, and trust and & safety questions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support product development efforts (including product, design, engineering, marketing, operations, and sales).
- Drive self-service for our data platform by creating and documenting data structures and sets, SQL and data tools training, and dashboard development.
- Develop and share key strategic insights through data analysis, visualization, and story-telling.
- Design and conduct experiments by introducing new features to the platform and measuring their impact on user engagement and content creation.
- Use statistical analysis to discover complex data insights and deliver to leadership on product improvement recommendation.
- Build machine learning models to predict user behavior and potential business opportunities.
- Develop Python and SQL script package to automate existing data analysis procedure.
- Build data pipeline with Python package to consolidate data from different sources.
- Design and improve existing dashboards with Tableau and present business insights to leadership team.
What You’ll Bring to The House
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Biochemistry, Analytics & Statistical Modeling or closely related quantitative discipline.
- Two (2) years of experience in the position offered or as a Business Intelligence Engineer, or closely related position.
- In the alternative, will accept a Bachelor’ s degree in the fields above followed by five (5) years of progressive, post-bachelor’s experience in positions specified above.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the following: Utilizing Statistical Hypothesis Testing to design and run experiments that test the statistical significance of changes in the product on key performance metrics; Building statistical models that extracts text data as an input and output predictions based on the text; Utilizing Machine Learning techniques to improve statistical and machine learning model performance and leverage numerical inputs to generate predictive outputs; Utilizing SQL for data mining and manipulation, analysis, and modeling of data sets to ensure data is reliable to support business growth; Utilizing Python techniques to perform data migration tasks, including data extraction, transformation and loading; Utilizing Tableau to generate reports and build dashboards of business metrics for campaign KPI’s and analyze data and create data insights; and Utilizing advanced MS Excel Functions, including Pivot Tables and Power Point, to present reports and recommendations to leadership teams.
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come
together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $183,310 -
$183,310/year on an annualized basis.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal
quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of
your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills,
experience, and qualifications.
We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great
health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health,
dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To
create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the
diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested
in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender,
religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a
group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance,
we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.