What to Expect Tesla is looking for a Data Scientist to help support the Quality Engineering team at our Megafactory Site in Lathrop California. What You’ll Do
- The successful candidate for this position must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing, service and suppliers across a wide variety of issues. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
- Development of manufacturing requirements, quality standards and product quality plans to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
- Deployment of manufacturing level requirements to subsystems, assemblies & components to assure clear focus on design and customer needs.
- Identification of critical requirements to assure proper supplier and production focus on critical needs.
- Leading development of FMEAs (Design & Process) for development teams to identify and address critical risks.
- Support development of manufacturing equipment, controls and test plans to address risks identified in FMEA.
- Participate in design reviews to assure product subsystem quality, manufacturability, reliability, etc.
- Assist development with statistical tolerancing, Monte Carlo analysis and other methods to investigate the effects of part and process variability on system performance.
- Support process capability analyses to investigate the ability of suppliers and production processes to meet defined specifications and quality standards.
- Design effective experiments through DOE or other methods to support design teams in investigation of various alternatives or in design validation testing.
- Manage and facilitate the root cause & corrective actions system through tracking and validation of issues and support in root cause analysis through facilitating brainstorming, use of lean methodologies, hypothesis testing, design of experiments, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Electric, Mechanical, Materials, Industrial Engineering, or evidence of exceptional experience in related fields.
- MS degree in engineering and Six Sigma certification are preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience.
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying design for quality and problem solving methodologies, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
- Strong background and demonstrated success applying statistical methods.
- Minitab, JMP or other statistical software capabilities are preferred.
- Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL) experience.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$72,000 - $232,200/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.