We’re on a mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Glean has a strong data driven culture, and we are looking to hire Data Scientists to own/grow our metrics story, bring statistical rigor to decision making, and empower other functions like engineering, product, design, and sales with insights gained from analyzing data.
You will work with an experienced team across domains like search relevance and growth. This role offers ample opportunity to build a strong data science skill-set, as well as partner closely with product, engineering, and other cross functional teams across numerous high-impact and high-ownership initiatives.
The ideal candidate is curious, motivated, and able to pick up new skills as the job requires. They should have an interest in analyzing data in different ways to find opportunities for, defining and owning metrics and impact measurement for various product areas, and building data pipelines and dashboards.
* Own overall product and search metrics -- definition, implementation, and insight generation
* Build and own data pipelines and dashboards
* Partner with the product team to drive strategy and build understanding of our users
* Partner with the search ranking team to refine and improve search evaluation and decision making processes
* Mine and analyze user data to identify opportunities and drive improvements to the product as well as core search.
* Develop experimentation frameworks to facilitate iterations over the product as well as search ranking.
* A recent graduate from a Bachelors/Masters/PhD program in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
* Experience with programming for data analysis -- ideally SQL, python and/or R.
* Prior internship experience as a data scientist or data analyst, or relevant research experience
* Have a strong data oriented mindset and brings that culture to the team
* Strong at delving into data to find insights/patterns.
* Strong understanding of statistics: Bring statistical rigor to experiments, search eval and metrics.
* Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
* Adept at writing SQL queries
* Know how to write python pipelines for data analysis
* Ability to pick up new technical skills quickly and as needed
* Experience with search product analysis is a plus
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.