Advanced Analytics solutions play a key role in supporting Vanguard’s Investment Management strategies. In this role, you will be working as a data scientist aligned to technology deployment that supports the growth of solutions directly influencing Vanguard’s Investment Management strategies for our business teams.
You will be part of a high-profile AI R&D team enabling creative and impactful solutions across Quant, Fixed Income, Risk Management, Investment Strategy, Finance, and more. You will be part of a diverse group which applies Deep Learning, convex optimization, game theory, and much more, to production solutions across these investment teams and beyond. This opportunity is very exciting, very dynamic, and very rewarding for the analytics practitioner looking to develop custom model architecture for operational use. Our team provides a one-of-a-kind front row seat to solving the biggest, most sophisticated Investment analytics challenges at Vanguard.
Ideal Skill set:
· Significant experience in research regarding ML/DL and other modeling paradigms
· Comfortable within research and production(support) workflows
· Proficient with python and associated ML frameworks/libraries
· Familiarity with research code mgmt. and best practices
· Able to refine clean, maintainable, production-ready code, and read code created by others.
· Strong familiarity with Investment Management related data and tasks is a plus
· Participation or completion of the CFA or related knowledge is valuable
· Knowledge of or experience with optimization techniques such as Markowitz, mixed-integer, etc. is a plus
· Undergraduate degree in field(s) related to Modeling and preferably ML
· Graduate degree or equivalent industrial experience in Advanced Analytics is preferred
· Experience in academic workflows starting from exploratory research to establishing goals
· Enthusiasm for learning, experimenting, and implementing new techniques and tools
· Desire to be autonomous at times and collaborative at others
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Highly collaborative, fast learner, desiring to contribute to multiple engagements
· Strong planning and organizational skills
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.
Vanguard is offering visa sponsorship for this position.