Act as an individual contributor, independently driving analytics projects and executing against the objectives of the Retail Analytics and Business Performance group. Using an interdisciplinary approach of leveraging concepts from business, applied statistics and math, operations research, information technology, process design and behavioral sciences, the incumbent will support consultative partnerships, aligning with the Line of Business (LOB) to produce analytic insights that help the business make informed, data-driven decisions with an objective of driving quantifiable, optimized business results in support of company goals.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. As a Senior Decision Scientist, act as a force multiplier, with a focus on high impact, visible analyses and initiatives across multiple business models, covering banking channels, segments, and products, including but not limited to: Deposits, Operations, Small Business, Virtual Banking, Client Experience, Call Center, and Premier Banking.
2. Partner on target initiatives as assigned; work independently to drive decision science projects leveraging quantitative analysis techniques, including machine learning, in pursuit of business optimization and impact.
3. Foster communication and partnership across multiple levels of the organization including engagement with mid-level managers. Maximize relationships and build trust with partners while supporting efforts aligned to LOB and company goals.
4. Pursue business outcomes valued through increased revenue and/or efficiency leveraging data-driven insights powered by analytics in support of enhanced decision-making. Focus on continuous improvement in decision science delivery and outcomes in pursuit of business optimization.
5. Champion the use of tools to solve business challenges and deliver solutions that are timely, accurate, and repeatable.
6. Exercise sound judgment, risk management, and foster a client centric culture throughout design, development, and deployment practices.
The incumbent must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, business acumen, working knowledge of transaction processing application software, application processing systems, and collection inventory systems, strategic and creative thinking, and excellent written and oral communications skills. Specific requirements are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and 5+ years of experience in Banking, Finance, Decision/Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Engineering.
2. 2+ years of decision science/analytics project management experience with a diverse project focus and demonstrated results.
3. Must act as role model, able to perform in a cross-functional and collaborative team environment focused on supporting business partners with enhanced insights.
4. Demonstrated ability to engage and support internal business partners, product sets, and projects, connecting insights with execution and business impact.
5. Innovative and strategic thinker with ability to connect to practical application, providing leadership on target initiatives, with a strong bias to action and focus on quantifiable business impact.
6. Experience in managing multiple projects with tight deadlines in a collaborative environment to drive maximum impact.
7. Ability to maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools, and techniques. Champion application of emerging decision science techniques with business partners.
8. Incumbent should have an understanding of various database environments (IBM DB2, Oracle), technical programming skills (SAS, SQL, Toad), exposure to applied data science tools (R, Python, SAS E-Miner), familiarity with data visualization and BI tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy), and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
1. Master's or PhD in a quantitative field such as Finance, Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, or Engineering.
2. 7+ years of experience in Banking, Finance, Decision/Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Engineering.