Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member in the role of Derivatives Analyst to join our Asset Servicing Middle office team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA or Orlando, FL in a Hybrid working environment.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Supports clients and serves as a mentor in addressing moderately complex operational and technical issues and ensuring requests are executed.
- Validates complex derivatives performance calculations for the eventual settlement of investment profit/loss.
- Applies intermediate problem solving skills, experience and judgement to analyze information.
- Uses communication skills to deliver high quality service to a specialized hedge fund client base.
- Provides clients information related to BNY Mellon products and services representing multiple lines of business and geographies and directs them to the appropriate resources, as needed.
- Leverages a good understanding of broader BNY Mellon services and offerings.
- Monitors client inquiries, resolves non-routine issues and escalates complex issues to the appropriate team member, as needed.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelors degree a plus, mutual fund industry background preferred.
- 2-3 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in accounting support or the mutual fund industry preferred.
- Uses knowledge of client issues and needs to contribute to business development efforts.
- Participates in internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience.
- Recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and streamline operational processes.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- Supports multiple, moderately complex client accounts.
- Ideal candidate has good technical skills especially in MS Excel, with experience in Power Query and Power BI. Python/SQL or other ETL application experience is a plus.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.