Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
We’re looking for Applied Data Scientists to join our Monetization Engineering Team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to create and scale insights
- Understand patterns in data to identify key product trends and new product opportunities
- Create and test hypotheses
- Design and implement core metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Apply predictive inference methodology to drive engineering growth
- Apply machine learning techniques in a prescriptive manner to drive intelligence in our ad system
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional stakeholders and help make data-informed product decision
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, economics, or other quantitative field
- Fluent in SQL or similar big data querying languages
- 3+ years in mobile advertising products, mobile advertising business or similar technical experience
- Advanced degree in math, statistics, computer science, economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with analytic tools, such as R or Python
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Experience with causal inference techniques, experimental design, and/or A/B testing
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional teams
- An understanding of Snapchat with great product sense and product understanding
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- High attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior audience