This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of
specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding
client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for
our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and
ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among
the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to
create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds
and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves.
This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship,
physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family
or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the
AXIS is a global insurer and reinsurer focused on specialty lines and treaty
reinsurance. AXIS is headquartered in Bermuda and operates in North America,
EMEA, Asia, and Global Markets (including Lloyd’s).
To support these operations, AXIS is establishing a Finance Center of
Excellence in Halifax focused on providing multi-function finance services
while developing a key talent pipeline for other finance locations. This
provides successful candidates with ample opportunities to add value while
defining their own career path. Opportunities exist in multiple areas
including Financial Reporting, Risk, Tax, Treasury, and Data Support.
AXIS is currently looking for someone to join our Finance Team as a Business
Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of
analytical and finance data focus tasks within Shared Services, and be a key
liaison between Finance, Corporate IT, and Application Development.
** KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
General Ledger Support
- Supporting the finance team in the maintenance and oversight of validation rules, and coding integrity
- Maintenance of system allocations and validations – key liaison through to IT systems support
- UAT support for system upgrades and assessing impact of new business attributes
- Monitoring Chart of Account additions and supporting various teams in report and allocation updates.
Reconciliation and Accounting function Support
- Manage data intense reconciliations, developing associated controls and processes to enhance efficiency and transparency
- Liaison with IT in maintenance of RPA routines through to the ledger, promoting and developing new opportunities for implementation of future automation processes.
- Manage intercompany recharge allocations and validations – report build and maintenance to support Controller review.
- Blackline Reconciliation Tool support – providing cross team support in maintaining the integrity of key reconciliation tool and metric reporting.
Finance Data Governance
- Support approval matrix and impact assessment for finance data attribute changes
- Lead data quality efforts, including issue tracking, issue resolution, and management consultation
- Maintaining Finance Master Data files
- Monitoring and ensuring relevant data access and usage rights across various data systems.
** KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:**
- Educated to degree level in Business Administration, Commerce, or related field
- Experience analyzing both Finance and Technology processes, effectively communicating within both areas of business
- Experience in regulatory reporting and compliance, SOX, etc will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Financial systems i.e. Oracle, HFM, Smartview
- Experience with data visualization tools i.e. Power BI, Tableau
- SQL experience would be beneficial
** KEY PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:**
- Highly motivated and organized to drive company initiatives, showing a strong level of accountability, integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure and respond to changing priorities
- Team player with ability to collaborate with internal and external customers, understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, which will include report writing skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solvency abilities