Aviva Canada has an exciting opportunity to join our commercial Global
Corporate and Specialty team. This intermediate business analyst role will
support the transformation of the business through technology and performance
optimization. You will work with collaborators across Commercial Insurance to
analyze and evaluate business problems, develop recommendations, and implement
solutions that meet the business needs.
What you will do
- Collaborate with the business to understand the context of the Program or Project and desired future state.
- Provide and drive services to business partners on new initiatives (small to medium complexity).
- Facilitate high-level and detailed requirement phases in which requirements are identified and validated for accuracy.
- Lead the escalation and/or resolution of business system issues and assist in the quantification of potential business benefits.
- Engage the business to develop process and workflow models to identify waste work and document best practices.
- Experience in agile project delivery, working side-by-side with business teams throughout the life of a project, understanding their needs, communicating expectations, and developing customer-centric change proposals.
- Assess, research, analyze and document sponsor/partner needs in accordance with project lifecycle, using appropriate tools.
- Recommend business solutions that satisfy sponsor/collaborator needs continually exploring and assessing options for benefits.
- Assist Initiative Leads, Project Managers, Systems Analysts, and others to translate business ideas and functional requirements into deployable solutions.
- Prepare training materials such as manuals, user guides and web-based training, and support the business through change.
- Develop KPIs to track benefits and functionality of business change initiatives.
- Own multiple projects – manage scope, identify priorities, ensure efficient and on time delivery of achievements.
What you will bring
- 2 plus years experience as a Business Analyst
- Hands on BA experience - writing requirements, creating user stories, process mapping, data modeling, maintaining data dictionaries etc.
- Ability to understand, explain and present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing.
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to facilitate working sessions.
- Strong drive to collaborate with colleagues at all levels and across the business including with other GCS Business Analysts, IT, and underwriting groups.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Commercial Insurance experience or knowledge is an asset.
- College or University Degree or equivalent practical experience.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Start with 4 weeks of vacation
- Hybrid work model
- Outstanding career development opportunities with diverse career paths.
- We support your professional development and your investment in academic studies.