The Investment Data Analyst provides data domain aligned support to
Investment Management Group, Fund Financial Services (FFS) and other
enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and
fund oversight. This role serves as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and
other enterprise data clients for investment data related inquiries and
partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides data domain aligned support to IMG, FFS and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. Serves as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data consumers for investment data related inquires and partners with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. Completes daily and ad hoc tasks while working under tight deadlines, managing competing priorities, and analyzing multiple inputs to meet operational objectives.
- Provides oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely data delivery. Analyzes and resolves complex data issues supporting Data Management as a process expert per assigned data domain.
- Proactively identifies and leads process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality. Recognizes and resolves roadblocks to maximize team impact. Reviews and performs root cause analysis of data errors and provides short-term and long-term solutions for issues, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Provides direct client support to enhance business decisions, anticipating client's needs and exceeding expectations related to the services being provided. Leverages and strengthens FFS and IMG-wide network to accelerate issue resolution and to improve quality. Partners with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices
- Develops a strong and consistent knowledge of funds and securities assigned and obtains an end-to-end knowledge of the operational processes being supported. Understands details driving the operational processes and the portfolio impacts. Maintains a broad and consistent knowledge of investment management landscape.
- Participates in new product implementations and other improvement projects by capturing, documenting, and validating business requirements, ensuring systems are properly set up for go-live. Communicates appropriately with all necessary clients and stakeholders.
- Recommends changes that will enhance workflows and procedures. Integrates new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing impact, preparing environment for change, and updating or creating procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field).
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience, including one year of project management experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, research, problem solving, and time management skills required. Proficiency in Data Management procedures and strong knowledge of data domain workflows preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build solid business relationships.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Strong, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and motivate other crew members
- This is a hybrid role with Tues, Wed, Thurs in the office and Mon & Fri will be remote.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because
when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you
invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose –
and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the
right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s
make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in
our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew
(internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by
one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building
diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as
unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their
distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and
innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and
to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the
majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach
that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits
of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that
in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique
culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A
smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model
(for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for
example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the
interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make
the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your
role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and
will continue to evaluate working models along the way.