About Rockefeller Capital Management
Rockefeller Capital Management is a leading independent financial advisory firm – providing wealth management, asset management, and strategic advisory services to ultra- and high-net-worth individuals, families, businesses, and institutions. Led by President & CEO Gregory J. Fleming, the firm offers an elevated experience based on traditional Rockefeller global family office values of excellence and service.
Formed in 2018 following the acquisition of Rockefeller & Co., Inc., the firm is rapidly extending its historic brand into contemporary markets. Based in New York City, it has over forty offices in the United States and London and oversees some $112 billion in client assets.
The Investment Research & Strategy team, comprised of the head of the team and four specialists, reporting into the Chief Investment Officer of the Rockefeller Global Family Office, is responsible for (1) conducting top-down macro research, publishing market views, providing asset allocation guidance, as well as (2) developing cross-asset implementation solutions by incorporating the team’s macroeconomic views and assessments of specific strategies and fund managers. The team also supports business development initiatives, e.g., interfacing with advisor teams, hosting internal firmwide thought leadership calls, and participating in external client meetings.
The Investment Strategist will initially function as a generalist within the team working closely with four other specialists with responsibilities spanning from macro research to portfolio construction. Note that this role is fluid, with an exciting growth path and opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the team’s extensive coverage depending on one’s interests and strengths.
• Gather and analyze raw data (e.g., time series) to generate proprietary insights into market dynamics and macroeconomic trends; support the creation of the team’s publications on market views and tactical asset allocation guidance
• Leverage basic quantitative methods to decompose the underlying drivers of performance and inherent risk exposures of a given investment product
• Develop presentations that reflect qualitative and quantitative findings of an investment manager
and the corresponding recommended investment decisions in a clear and logical narrative
supported by data formulated in charts and graphs
• Assist in formulating strategic capital market forecasts and strategic asset allocation guidance and
the creation of the corresponding annual white paper
• Participate in the construction of customized investment portfolios for ultra- and high-net-worth and
institutional investors by leveraging a fundamental understanding of asset allocation, risk premium,
and fund investing
• 3 to 5 years of experience in investment management
• Robust knowledge of and a curiosity for macroeconomics, financial markets, risk premium concepts,
tactical positioning, multi-asset investing (such as hedge funds and private investments)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Ability to convey an idea effectively and succinctly
o Ability to adapt communication style to suit difference audiences
• Experience with top-down qualitative and quantitative research
o Familiarity with macro & asset class indices
o Bloomberg (Terminal and formulas)
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
o Ability to create high-impact charts and data visualizations
o Intermediate to advanced experience with VBA
o Willingness to learn new skills (e.g., computing languages) as needed
• BS/BA degree required
o Knowledge of essential statistical concepts and techniques for finance (e.g., regression)
o Educational background in economics, finance, mathematics, and statistics preferred
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
o Ability to develop reasoning in a thorough, grounded fashion
o Ability to explain a thought process and its related conclusions logically and intuitively
• Strong judgement and decision making skills
o Ability to work autonomously with moderate direction
o Ability to solve problems and escalate when necessary
o Ability to prioritize responsibilities, conduct cost benefit analyses of increased complexity, and
add value effectively
• High level of attention to detail
• Series 7 & 63 (or equivalent) preferred
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $110,000. Base salary for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. In addition, this role may be eligible for a discretionary bonus. Rockefeller Capital Management offers a comprehensive benefit package including health coverage, vacation time, paid leave, retirement plan, and more. Visit careers.rockco.com to learn more about additional opportunities and benefits offerings.
Rockefeller & Co. LLC, Rockefeller Financial LLC, Rockefeller Trust Company, N.A., The Rockefeller Trust Company (Delaware), Rockefeller Financial Services, Inc. and all other subsidiaries of Rockefeller Capital Management L.P. (individually and collectively, “Rockefeller”) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, marital or partnership status, caregiver status, legally recognized disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law (“protected characteristics”).
Rockefeller Capital Management participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.