Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
We are looking for a junior trader to join the Rates Relative Value team. Our Rates RV strategy’s objective is to identify mispriced fixed income instruments and capture the difference between them through quantitatively driven trade structuring and hedging. Our strategy spans a wide variety of instruments, including developed market government bonds, interest rates swaps, and futures. Our goal is to apply Two Sigma’s data science and systematic trading expertise to Rates RV.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
● Help us manage the Rates RV portfolio. This entails identifying new trade ideas, manually executing trades, monitoring portfolio exposures, rebalancing hedges, and maintaining business relationships with counterparties
● Help us develop and analyze analytics and derived data across the developed market rates complex
● Create analytics to monitor portfolios for latest risks
You should possess the following qualifications:
● 1-2 years of experience on a US Treasury, Interest Swaps, or Short Term Interest Rate market making desk at a top tier dealer
● Experience with relative value strategies in developed market rates asset classes
● Comfort working with and analyzing data in a coding language like Python
● A degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, like statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or computer science
● Strong verbal and written communication skills and a collaborative working style
You will enjoy the following benefits:
● Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
● Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
● Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
● Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
● Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $175,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.