The Role Responsibilities
We are looking for a junior repo trader to join our US Repo desk based in New York. You will be working closely with the head of US Repo, regional sales people and the Global Repo team to originate, price and execute repo and SBL trades across a full range of fixed income securities on behalf of the bank. You will work closely with key stakeholders to manage PNL, risk, funding, margin, and settlements. The successful candidate will utilise both internal and external third party systems to help to provide accurate and fast quotes both to external clients and internal trading desks.
The bank places a strong emphasis on learning and developing yourself. You will have ample opportunity to develop yourself both technically and non-technically.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree educated
- Knowledge or an interest in Finance / Markets. Although prior experience is not necessary you should be able to demonstrate a passion to learn about Repo & Collateral markets
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and develop new skills quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with business stakeholders. Conscientious and committed.
- Experience with Excel and statistical analysis would be ideal
- Enthusiasm about financial technology
- Role is as an individual contributor. Commitment to drive and be accountable for revenue growth within the business. There will be also team related responsibilities assisting colleagues to help achieve team and bank-wide objective
- Responsible to maximise total product income by ensuring effective end to end client risk management/service
- Consult and contribute to the growth and development of the Global Repo franchise
- Be Informed and aware of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Consult on the improvement of product offering to Client
- Work with all stakeholders to improve processes, reduce risks and tighten up controls
- Originate, price and execute value-add transactions with Salespeople across the region in order to generate high RoRWA. Includes coverage of bank's fixed income short positions and financing long bond positions including maximising the value of exclusive portfolio lending
- Promote, educate and assist with the execution of Repo/SBL trades across the banks salesforce whilst liaising closely with client coverage.
- Perform collateral management responsibilities to meet Bank's margining requirements
- Collaborate closely with middle and back office on settlement and operational issues
- Achieving assigned full year budget
- To increase SCB's visibility through risk adjusted competitive pricing for our clients
- Manage risk from client trades prudently
- To support the Repo team creating a mindshare of trade ideas /axes with clients, providing feedback on those ideas and client needs.
- Work with Central Funding Group on secured funding deals for FM
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
- To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations in the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Ensure all appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures are followed.
- Raise any issues of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations relative to responsibilities.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and contribute positively to appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Comply with guidelines as outlined in the annual dealer mandate
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Establish, maintain and supervise the framework to ensure business functions under my area of responsibility comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Client Segment Sales mgmt within FM
- Relationship managers, Credit and Market Risk Officers
- Legal & Compliance
- Business Technology and COO department
- FM Head of Americas.
- Treasury Markets, Credit and Macro Trading
- Support functions like Back and Middle Office, Collateral Management Operations
- Funding Operations
- Third party system providers
- Key clients and potential new clients
- Central Bank and Regulatory Bodies
- Demonstrate Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
The salary range for this role is $90,000 to $186,000