Old Mission is a global proprietary trading firm that leverages state-of-the-art technology and research to identify and execute profitable trading strategies across multiple asset classes around the world. Our offices in Chicago, New York, London, and Singapore are all composed of naturally-curious individuals who thrive in a team environment and constantly strive for improvement.
Old Mission does not seek capital from outside investors, allowing us the flexibility to aggressively invest in our team members and keep them engaged in the firm’s growth.
About The Position
Old Mission Europe, a quantitative proprietary trading firm, is currently recruiting a Junior Trader (Asian Market hours) to join our London office. Our traders work in teams to seek out and profitably trade mispriced securities. The junior trader needs to be driven and have a passion for understanding how things work. The job responsibilities will include disciplined decision making, risk management, derivative pricing, and researching new opportunities for profitable businesses.
- Monitor systems and manage all trading activity between Sunday – Thursday from 4:00 pm – 3:00 am CST
- Oversee and manage the trade execution and risk of complex trading portfolios across the firm
- Implement trading strategies that leverage technology to efficiently execute trades at minimum transactional costs
- Adjust trading system parameters for liquidity to increase the value of the order book executing trades, canceling, and adding orders to maintain the correct risk profile
- Communicate changes to microstructure and trading conditions to other team members
- Monitor risk and PnL, working with positions across all portfolios troubleshooting issues and adjusting model parameters as needed.
- Research potential trading opportunities
- A degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, or one of the hard sciences
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, JAVA, VBA, R, Matlab or Ruby
- 3+ years of relevant trading experience
- Experienced with automated trading systems
- Proven trustworthiness and performance under the highest ethical standards
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems in a high-pressure environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, responsible and results driven
- Maintain integrity at all times
- A desire to work Asian market hours. Work hours will include US holidays if the international markets are open