Rivian is seeking a simulation expert to assist in designing and optimizing
fulfillment process using discrete event simulations for Commercial
Operations. Perform process modeling and simulations, statistical analysis,
and design on experiments to drive decisions on processes and designs.
- Build Discrete Event Simulation (DES) models to build, simulate, and optimize the fulfillment operational process flow models using FlexSim, Demo 3D, AnyLogic or any other Discrete Event Simulation (DES) software packages to determine future state performance under varying conditions
- Understand process flows, analyze data, perform Design of Experiments, and effectively represent in simulation model to achieve better correlation and process improvements
- Analyze, interpret and facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, logistics, last mile operations and upper funnel groups.
- Enhance models on ongoing basis to ensure continued alignment with business.
- Examine key business data by identifying, cleaning, and providing analysis and insights. Validating data fidelity and creating data where none currently exists.
- Generate insights and present findings to senior management using data visualization and presentation programs to make business recommendations.
- Key partners to collaborate with include IT, Finance & Accounting, Treasury, Manufacturing & Engineering, Various Operations Teams, People Team, Strategy, Marketing, Commercial Analytics
- Master’s degree in Operations Research/Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical field required
- 3+ years of experience in building simulation models – discrete event simulation, agent based and hybrid simulation models.
- Proficiency in Python, Java or other programming languages
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, and Excel.
- Familiarity with AWS preferred
- Experience in supply chain
- Ability to quickly understand and map systems, processes, and operations
- Experience in a dynamic and agile environment requiring high-adaptability, management of multiple projects, excellent cross-functional communication and presentation skills
- Continuous improvement attitude: ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Willing to travel (up to 5%)