Machine Learning Engineer
**What we’re building and why we’re building it. **
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power
the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and
taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has
been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that
completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be
rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an
action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not
just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit
value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what
matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people
are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not
just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice, right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop,
standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to
happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Machine Learning Engineering team embodies these values and works with a
laser-focus on developing and delivering intelligent systems for end users,
internal stakeholders and external partners. We are looking for a Machine
Learning Engineer to contribute to this vision and reap the rewards of
joining an exciting company in the high growth phase.
The Machine Learning Engineering team takes pride in building end-to-end
machine learning systems that power critical applications such as receipt
processing, fraud prevention, and product personalization. The team takes on
all components of ML system development including model development, model
deployment, integration with production infrastructure, and monitoring for
accuracy and performance. Success in this role requires the ability to
collaborate closely with data scientists, backend engineers, data engineers,
and product managers to efficiently realize solutions to challenging problems.
You’ll also need to be capable of working outside of your comfort zone and
finding creative ways to solve problems you haven’t encountered before. We
don’t lock ourselves into particular technologies, but some we are currently
using include AWS (SageMaker, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ECS), Python,
Terraform, Redis, Airflow, and Snowflake.
- Apply knowledge of ML fundamentals and leverage relevant technologies to improve the Fetch platform for our users and our partners
- Design and develop ML systems in domains such as computer vision, natural language processing, and recommendation systems
- Ensure ML systems scale to serve the traffic of millions of daily users while maintaining high stability and low latency
- Take full ownership of projects from conception to production
- Collaborate within cross functional teams to identify opportunities and execute on meaningful initiatives
- Collaborate with fellow Machine Learning Engineers to share knowledge, create platform tools, and define best practices
- 2+ years of **** experience developing solutions in a cloud environment (we’re 100% AWS)
- Experience building production ML solutions in domains such as recommendation systems, information retrieval, natural language processing or computer vision
- Excellent programming skills (we use a lot of Python in this problem space but proficiency in other languages are equally welcome)
- Solid SQL skills
- Familiarity with Unix systems, shell scripting, and Git
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- Experience with one or more deep learning software frameworks such as Sklearn, Tensorflow, or PyTorch
- Experience deploying Machine Learning systems to solve inference challenges at scale.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with open source software and dependency management
- Cloud engineering and DevOps skills (e.g., AWS, Terraform, Docker)
- Programming experience using Go
- ETL process, data pipeline, and/or microservice development experience
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match : We match 100% of the first 3% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets : We offer comprehensive PPO and HDHP plans (Dental | Vision | Life Insurance) in addition to pet insurance, fully covered for the first pet. Our bereavement leave also includes our furry friends.
- Continuing Education : Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups : Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Veterans.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it’s for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and the option to create a flexible return to work schedule in the last few weeks of leave.
- **Wellness Program: **Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Charge Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Birmingham or Chicago 1 - 2 times per week. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.
- Social Impact Efforts : Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.