The goal of the ML team at Scale is to develop machine learning solutions to
advance the company mission. Our current focus areas are computer vision (
2D/3D detection, 2D/3D segmentation, object tracking), meta-learning (e.g.
semi-supervised learning, active learning), and Natural Language Processing.
You’ll be working on a combination of deeply technical ML applications in
production and cutting-edge research problems. Working at Scale will give you
opportunities to work with our wide customer base which includes leading
research teams and exposure to a wide range of problems within machine
We are building a large hybrid human-machine system in service of ML pipelines
for dozens of industry-leading customers. Our machine learning models form the
basis for Scale’s expansion and future product strategy. We currently
complete billions of tasks a month and will continue to grow to support more
complex use cases and more advanced ML-powered products.
- Research and develop machine learning solutions to assist humans in the loop.
- Aid in the creation of high-quality ground truth data with speed and accuracy.
- Work with public Large Language models to benchmark and make custom versions for internal use cases.
- Take state-of-the-art models developed internally and from the community, use them in production to solve problems for our customers and taskers.
- Take models currently in production, identify areas for improvement, improve them using retraining and hyperparameter searches, then deploy without regressing on core model characteristics
- Work with product and research teams to identify opportunities for improvement in our current product line and for enabling upcoming product lines
- Work with massive datasets to develop both generic models as well as fine tune models for specific products
Ideally you’d have:
- PhD or MS with a focus on Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision and have published papers in Machine Learning fields
- Have had a previous experience with Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
Disclaimer: This position is for a full-time contractor