We are looking for a 2023 Autumn Intern to join one of our London based Macro Portfolio Management teams. The team is looking for an Intern to help with economic, monetary policy and market analysis across developed economies. The ideal candidate will have an Economics and quantitative background, will be comfortable with economic time series analysis and have a strong interest in financial markets.
In the role of a Macro intern there will be opportunities to/for:
- Analysis of growth and inflation dynamics across developed market economies which will feed directly into the team’s investment decision process.
- Ad-hoc projects to help the team better understand macroeconomic trends.
- Building tools to help the team identify market opportunities.
- Learn about various macro products, trading strategies and tools.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors or master’s student in a quantitative field, including Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Applied Math and Statistics.
- Knowledge of statistics, including economic time series analysis.
- Ability to work in our BAM London Office 20 hours per week from September to December 2023 (this is not a remote internship opportunity)
- Strong organization skills with the ability to present results clearly.
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with the team
- High standard of professionalism in all dealings with internal staff and any external partners, clients and regulatory agencies
- Problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet/exceed deadline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organization skills
BAM EMPLOYEE AND INTERN PERKS:
- Work in our beautiful London Office, centrally located in St James’
- Daily access to BAM kitchen stocked with various, snacks, teas & coffees, soft drinks, etc.
- Daily lunch delivery services provided by BAM
- First-class fitness facility with showers and changing room facilities
- Collaborative meeting spaces in the BAM office