Who We Are
Cadence is committed to serving the lifelong needs of our customers. That’s a commitment made possible by our exceptional teammates. Our team members are what set us apart. Friendly, open, personable and committed to excellence, our teammates make up more than just a bank … they make up our communities.
No matter where you are in life or where you’re going, we may have the right career for you.
Cadence offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package centered on the well-being of our teammates. Some of our benefits include medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life insurance, 401(k), Retirement Pension Benefits, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
The Model Risk Management Analyst will assist with all of the monitoring of the Company’s enterprise risk management tracking and facilitation of reports, to include maintaining policies, procedures, reports and meeting minutes or notes, participating in risk assessments, and assisting in preparing meeting packets for internal management and board committees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a contact for Model Risk concerns within the ERM Department of the Company.
- Maintains up-to-date Model Risk Management Policy and provides updated information to the Model Risk Manager for reporting to Committees.
- Provides Model Risk Management Policy to appropriate staff /departments as policy is revised and reaffirmed.
- Provides support and guidance to staff / departments / model owners relative to the correct application of the Model Risk Management Policy as it applies to respective model operations within each business line.
- Maintains and updates the enterprise-wide Model Inventory as well as the Non-Model Sophisticated Spreadsheet Inventory and circulates updated information to Internal Audit for use during audits of model owners.
- Conducts validations of statistical models.
- Participates in the solicitation and evaluation of model validation proposals from suitable vendors for those models targeted for external validation.
- Tracks model validations (internal and external) to determine each model is validated at the frequency indicated within the Model Inventory. Obtains copy of validation report, management’s response to findings (if applicable) and support documentation on each validation.
- Tracks all model validation findings and performs follow-up reviews to confirm resolution actions taken by model owners to address noted findings are well documented and complete.
- Performs and documents routine quarterly reviews of each model operation to determine appropriate ongoing monitoring procedures are in place, support documentation evidence monitoring has been performed, and frequency of tests are appropriate for the respective model being reviewed.
- Conducts an annual enterprise-wide Model Risk Assessment in consultation with model owners.
- Assists in other ERM projects as assigned.
- Reports any observed illegal or unethical behavior, violations of the Code of Conduct, or any known weaknesses/breaches in internal control.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields is required (Banking & Finance, Economics, Math, etc.); Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; knowledge of database infrastructure is a plus (Microsoft SQL preferred)
- Quantitative, analytical and/or statistical skill-set is desired.
- Working knowledge of Python and/or R is preferred.
- Ability to evaluate processes, identify risk, and evaluate controls.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be a team player.
- Must be a self-starter and excel at time management.
- Regular and reliable attendance