Freddie Mac is Hiring! We are currently recruiting for various positions in the Quantitative Analytics area at all levels across the enterprise. We have openings with Single Family Portfolio, Modeling and Analytics teams, Investments & Capital Markets, Enterprise Risk Management, and the Model Audit and Data Science teams within Internal Audit. While all positions require quantitative skills, we offer opportunities to learn or develop artificial intelligence and modern machine learning techniques through on-the-job training and academic programs. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
**These positions can be performed at any of Freddie Mac office locations (Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, Chicago IL, and McLean VA, Hybrid – 3 days in office)**
- Quant Professional: Master's degree in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Quant Senior : PhD (or Master's degree with 3 years of equivalent work experience) in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Quant Manager/Tech Lead: PhD (or Master's degree with 6 years of equivalent work experience) in quantitative finance, statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from finance, statistics, mathematics, data science, and computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include—but is not limited to—statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, and Monte Carlo methods/modeling.
- Coursework or work experience writing statistical and/or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include—but are not limited to—Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
- Programming skills in one or more of SAS, R, Python or related languages
- Exceptional quantitative, empirical analysis, and research skills
- Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Relevant certificates like CFA, FRM, CPA, CIA are preferred
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong modeling and data analytics skills
- Ability to collaborate with different teams
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines with a positive attitude
- Deep curiosity to learn new things
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willing to embrace changes
- Willingness to learn artificial intelligence and modern machine learning