Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Portfolio Servicing and Initiatives function within Investment Management strives to ensure the reliability and efficiency of the daily operation of the IM business and our portfolio management function, providing a robust foundation for the business to grow upon. Working in conjunction with the broader Investment Management team and colleagues in Engineering and Corporate across the firm, this function ensures that business-specific operating needs are properly defined, monitored, and managed on a regular basis.
We are looking to add an experienced individual to be a part of building the operational risk management and reporting function within Portfolio Servicing and Initiatives.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own and manage operational data and metrics for Portfolio Management and Trading
- Identify ways to create and/or enhance existing metrics by coordinating with Modeling, Portfolio Management, Trading, Engineering, and Corporate teams
- Analyze operational incidents, collaborate with partner teams across the business on root cause identification, and remediation efforts
- Assist in building out Operational Risk Framework (e.g. creating a repository of current processes, operational risks and controls, standardizing risk taxonomies, etc)
- Document business and engineering requirements and work with the partner teams to sponsor, manage, and execute on projects to enhance processes and controls through technology-based solutions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 3-5 years of experience in risk management preferably in Operational Risk, and having work experience with Trading and/or Portfolio Management is a plus
- Project management/Business analysis experience with ability to identify potential gaps or problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, and suggest potential solutions
- Strong understanding of financial markets, the investment lifecycle, and electronic/algorithmic trading
- Experience partnering with engineering teams to produce comprehensive systems documentation (e.g. functional requirements, meeting notes, etc.) and building / enhancing technologies /systems design
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, attention to details, and a strong work ethic
- Takes initiatives and proactive in pointing out improvement areas/enhancements/controls
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Advanced skills in MS Office (specifically in Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, JIRA, and SQL experience preferred and coding is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $100,000 and $150,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.